I usually don't do these 'answer the question so everybody knows about you' jobbers but I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit early this year. Here are all of my Christmas dreams.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Like Vanilla Ice, I'm one of the worst wrappers of all-time. I'm a bag man.
2. Real tree or Artificial? The Doda household has a FAKE tree. Not a fan. Maybe I'll get my family fake presents this year.
3. When do you put up the tree? The end of November.
4.When do you take the tree down? March 12
5. Do you like eggnog? "....It's good....It's good...." -Clark Griswold
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hockey equipment, Computer, Genesis, Rangers vs. Whalers in Hartford, first Row on the glass, 12/28/93. Rangers lost.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My grandmother would be happy if I got her pocket lint but she is still the hardest to shop for. What do grandmother's like? I've been buying candles and perfume for years.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Ron Joseph Doda Jr. We buy our gifts in front of each other days before Christmas. We just pick out what we want. It's ridiculous.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Funny Story. It's seriously a 30 year old Nativity Scene. Somewhere along the line, my pops lost Joseph. For as long as I have been alive, we have had a wise man fill Joseph's shoes. I always thought there was something wrong with having an impostor next to Mary and Jesus.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Cards are overrated.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Costo Clothes
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 15th
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not a chance.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Is there anything better than Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies...
16. Lights on the tree? Colorful lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? James Taylor 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqYGtYunJus
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Everyone knows the Doda household is the Christmas base.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Sneezy, Doc, Cupid.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning before breakfast.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It's freaking cold.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Don't understand the question. But my favorite ornaments are the Peanuts gang ones...
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Christmas dinner is really like a Thanksgiving re-mix. I stick with turkey, gravy, apple sauce, and my Grandmother's unreal stuffing. She has skills.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't really need much. Maybe some really expensive threads.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Cavy
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? The rest of Planet Earth's population.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Veteran's Day. Truly a great American holiday. A good day to kick back and watch Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, The Thin Red Line... or to look back in your own family tree. My grandfathers (RIP) were half way around the globe chopping peoples heads off with bayonets. That's why they are called the greatest generation. They were just teenagers and young men.
I wonder what Abraham Lincoln would say knowing that there is going to be a black president leading the United States. I don't care if you are the biggest McCainite of all time; if you were listening to Obama's speech after his victory, you felt really proud of the country. Why did McCain lose?
1. George W. Bush
2. The collapse of the U.S. economy.
3. Sarah Palin
4. People just aren't that scared of Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright. If that was the ace in the whole, it lost to an inside straight.
5. McCain is old.
He's also an American hero. Have you ever been captured behind enemy lines before? Tough spot I would imagine. But he had the opportunity to leave that POW camp and chose to stay. If that isn't movie-type heroism, I don't know what is.
Barack Obama. Ex-smoker from Chicago. Captivating, charming... Not George W. Bush. These are the things that got him elected. He now has a real opportunity to make his presidency effective right out of the gate. Before we start putting his face on Mount Rushmore, let's see what he does in his first 90 days.
Metal Gear. I was introduced to Metal Gear by Aaron "Father" Niderno, now happily married with their beautiful boy Aiden. It was my sophomore year of college when I played Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty. Extraordinary game of stealth and international intrigue. I was hooked. When Cavy let me borrow his PS3 recently, I got to experience the last chapter in the gaming series... Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots.
Visually stunning, unbelievable game play and graphics, engaging storyline with familiar characters and an epic finale to one of the best game series of all time.
I was wondering recently what dogs think about. Personally, I think my dog Snowy thinks:
ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball bones bones bones bones bones bones bones bones bones bones ball ball ball ball ball sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep stretch stretch stretch stretch stretch stretch sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff bones bones bones ball ball ball.
I'm sure they aren't thinking about TiVo and Stock options. I think that would be one of my questions if I ever met someone that was omnipotent.
Recent DVD pick ups:
The Office Season 4
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 3
Have a wonderful November 11, 2008.
The ramblings will continue.
PS Let's talk Rangers hockey for 2 seconds. This looks like a serious team that wants to win. Chris Drury is a great and obvious selection for captain of the crew and Henrik is on top of the league yet again in save %. The one year I don't have season tickets they are freak nasty. Figures. I do miss my section 409 squad though....
P P S Congrats to Mike and Lorraine. Prego with twins. good luck to ya.
P P P S Congrats to DD the Don and Janine. Engaged.